If you are anything like me when planning a vacation, you’ve spent copious amounts of time making sure that all of the essentials are packed and ready to go. Then inevitably, you are up at 5am on the day of travel, throwing random things into your suitcase and then thinking of all of those items you forgot on your way to the airport. Well, at least I hope it’s not just me. My family has been planning this Hawaii trip for almost a year and now that we are down to less than two weeks until we leave, the pressure has been on to finish my packing list for myself, husband and little one. So I’ve gathered up what I consider to be my essentials for this beach vacation to Hawaii.
For the Beach Bag:
- Sunglasses. Duh. I live in these Raybans, but I would recommend a cheaper pair in case you are worried about loosing an expensive pair at the beach.
- Denim shorts. Actually, any pair or shorts will do but I really love these from Celebrity Pink because they have a perfect inseam length and the right amount of distressing.
- Espadrille wedges. While you definitely want to pack some flip-flops, it’s all about the espadrilles this summer and I am obsessed with these since they are so comfortable and affordable!!
- Sunscreen. This is a must-have!! I’ve recently discovered SunBum and it’s seriously amazing. It’s Another brand I love is Babo Botancials.
- Hat. Love them because they are a great way to protect your face and neck from too much sun, but also because look how adorable it is! This one about sums up my feelings for laying by the pool or at the beach.
- Swimsuit. Enough said. There are so many amazing choices and styles, there is literally something for every one. I picked up this bikini top and bottom from Target in the clearance section and they are definitely not from the same set but I love that I can mix and match from what I already own with these.
- Beach towel. We won’t necessarily be bringing this from home, as the resort has towels for us to use but if we were going to the pool or beach here in SoCal, we have a huge, plush towel-for-two that goes with us that is just wonderful. This one is similar to what we have.
- Cover up. I tend to wear these more at the pool when I’m not in the sun so I can feel comfortable if I’m playing with the kiddo or walking around. You definitely don’t have to spend a lot of money on this and I picked up this super easy cover-up just in case.
- After-Sun or Aloe Vera lotion. For me, these are absolutely necessary. My skin always feels so tight after a day in the water and I like to use After-Sun lotion after I’m done for the day and after I’ve showered so my skin gets really moisturized. If I’ve accidentally gotten a little too red, I prefer to use Aloe Vera lotion to try and calm my skin down. Either way, you can’t beat either of these products.
- Tote bag. Unless you like to carry all of the items you are bringing with you in your arms (I surely don’t), then a larger, water-proof tote bag is in order. I’m usually packing a bag for the three of us, so on top of the things already listed, I’m usually carting around a water bottle, snacks, water toys, changes of clothing, etc.
This is, by all means, not an extensive list, but just some things that make up the basic list to take with you when you are visiting the beach or pool, and definitely things I’m packing for our lovely Hawaii trip.
P.S. Some of these links contain affiliates, but don’t worry, I always tell you exactly what I think.